What is "Harvest"? Driving through Malibu with the fam last month I spotted this on the back of an L.A. area taxi cab; I'm assuming similar ads are up all throughout Los Angeles.
According to their website, Harvest events are designed as opportunities for Christians to invite family members, coworkers, friends, and acquaintances to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ in an engaging, non-threatening environment.
Here's a short promotional video from last year's event.
If it sounds like an updated version of a Billy Graham Crusade, well ... it's because it is.
|photo credit: introspective pics|
What always impresses me is the wide spectrum of participating churches. Los Angeles is no exception, perhaps even more so. Here's just a few of the 400+ area churches involved in this year's event (I pulled these from the top of their alphabetical list):
- Abundant Life International (Mission HIlls)
- Adat Yeshua HaAdon (Glendale)
- Agape Christian Fellowship (Los Angeles)
- Alhambra True Light Presbyterian (Alhambra)
- All Saints Episcopal (Beverly Hills)
- American Hungarian Baptist (Alhambra)